Bài tập Tiếng Anh 10 – Unit 6
OBJECTIVE PRACTICE TEST OF UNIT 6
Choose the wordwhose main stress is placed differently from the others in each group:
- A.anxious B.convenient C. excursion D. formation
- A. lotus B. guitar C. peaceful D. glorious
- A.spacious B. visit C. campfire D. soundly
- A.persuade B. permit C. delicious D. sunburn
- A.occasional B. geography C. information D. participant
- A.resort B. request C. progressive D. fortunate
Choose the word whose underlined part has a different pronunciation from the others in each group:
- A. banana B. classmate C. pagoda D. camera
- A. worse B. world C. sword D. worm
- A. husband B. button C. circus D. funny
- A. excursion B.sunburn C. nurse D. picture
- A. caves B.marks C.exams D.days
Choose the best answer A, B, C or D for each sentence:
- I know that he __________ in the library at this moment.
- works B. has worked C. is working D. was working
13.There are a lot of black clouds in the sky. It __________ soon.
- israining B. will haverained C. is going to rain D. will rain
- By the time he arrived,all his classmates __________
A.would leave B. were leaving C. left D. had left
- I work from Tuesday to Saturday, and Sunday and Monday are my __________.
- working days B. days out C.breaks D. days off
16.The cottage is surrounded by the most glorious countryside.
- ordinary B.honorable C. beautiful D. gloomy
- Your tour includes a one-day __________ to the Grand Canyon by air.
- camping B.travel C. excursion D. visit
- The cheese is soft and white and absolutely __________.
- tasteful B.glorious C. delicious D. interesting
- He did finally come with us, although it took a long time to __________ him.
- believe B. permit C.persuade D. take
- This town is a popular __________for art lovers.
- destination B. arrival C.department D. visitation
- Don’t throw away the __________ .We can have them for supper.
- sundeck B. photos C.food D. leftovers
- Tom and I __________ to Mary’s birthday party together.
- amgoing B. are going C. will go D. go
- It will __________ rain later so we should go and have our picnic now.
A.preferable B. probably C. likely D. usually
- The school prepares students for a wide range of __________ qualifications.
A.profess B.professional C. profession D.professionally
- She __________ sixteen years old next Saturday.
- is B. is going to C. will be D. has
- I __________ our teacher tomorrow, so I shall give him your note.
- have seen B. going to see C. shall have seen D. am seeing
- Our class __________ a picnic at Thay Pagoda this Sunday.
- am having B. will has C. is going to have D. go to have
- Look! The bus ____________________.
- will come B. is coming C. will be coming D. is going to come
- “Are Alice and Tom still living in New York?” – “No, they __________ to Dallas.”
A.are moving. B. had already moved
C.have just moved D. will moved
Choosethe underlined part that needscorrection.
30.I’ll fly to Mars next week. I’ve already gotten a ticket.
A B C D
31.The rock formations in the Valley of Fire in Nevada has been worn into many strange
A B C
shapes bythe action of wind and water.
32.Have you heard the news? The President has beenshooting!
A B C D
33.The girl whom you met last night was usedto be a singer.
A B C D
They are going to have to leave soon, and so dowe.
A B C
the letter I gave you
A B C D
Read the following passage carefully, and then select
the best option A, B, C or D to complete it:
I’ve been in Paris for over a week now
and I’m having a great (36) ……….. In the first few days I did quite a lot of
(37)……….. the Eiffel Tower.
Notre Dame. and all the usual tourist attractions. Most places are absolutely
………. with tourists, so yesterday I
decided to have a (39) ……….round the shops.
Today I’ve been to a couple of interesting art (40) ……….. I got (41)…………..on my way back to the hotel, but it didn’t matter
because I discovered a really fascinating (42) ……….with lots of little stalls, selling just about everything from apples to
I ate in the hotel the
first night but usually I (43) …………….for
dinner – the restaurants are great and I can get a set meal for less than 25
euros. I’m afraid I’ve (44) ………. a lot of money, but it’s
a great place. You’ll be able to see for yourself (45) ………. I get back – I’ve taken
lots of photos.
I hope you’re all well. I’ll write again next week.
- A. visit B. holiday C. trip D. excursion
- A. viewing B. sightseeing C. looking D. landscape
- A. took B. stayed C. packed D. full
- A. look B. visit C. day-off D. walking
- A. exhibits B. castles C. concerts D.
- A. left B. loss C. lost D.
temple B. palace C.
cathedral D. market
- A. go
out B. leave C. call D.
- A. paid B. spent C. lost D.
A. until B. while C.
after D. when
the passage carefully, then choose the one best answer A, B, C or D.
For the last few months
I have spent every Saturday in my flat and have done nothing more exciting than
work at home, read the newspapers and watch television. I had begun feeling,
bored with this and so, last weekend I though I would do something different. I
rang up several of my friends and we decided to go to London for the day. I was really excited as I
hadn’t been to London
since I was ten. We decided to go by coach as this was by far the cheapest
means of transport that was available even though it meant that we needed to
get up very early. Once in London
we decided to take a sightseeing tour as we wanted to see some of the famous
buildings. After the tour we bought some sandwiches and ate them in a small
park. In the afternoon two of us went shopping and the others went to the
theater. We met up again at 6:30 p.m. and went to a small restaurant in Soho. The meal was really good but, unfortunately, it
took much longer than we had expected. We had to get a taxi back to the coach
station. Luckily, we got there just two minutes before our coach left.
According to the passage the writer __________.
usually spends his weekend at home.
B. went to London
with some of his friends.
Bài tập Tiếng Anh 10 – Unit 6
has lived in London
for ten years. D. feels bored
with his life.
- He felt so excited about going to
- he hadn’t been
there before. B. he hadn’t been there
for ten years.
he went there ten years ago. D. he
hadn’t been there for a long time.
- Why did they decide to go by
Because it was available.
- Because they wanted to start
Because other means of transport were more expensive.
Because it was one of the most efficient means of transport.
- Which of the following is true?
- Theyall went shopping before going to theater.
- Theymade a sightseeing tour of Londonand then had lunch.
- Theyhad lunch in a small restaurant.
- Theyleft the city at 6:30 p.m.
- It can be inferred from the textthat __________.
- theynearly missed the coach because of the meal.
- they didn’t enjoy the meal in therestaurant very much.
- thecoach had already left when they got to the station.
- they missed the coach and had totake a taxi back.
- Đáp án:
- 1.A 2.B 3.C 4.D 5.C 6.D 7.B 8.C 9.C 10.D 11.B 12.C 13.C 14.D 15.D 16.C 17.C 18.C 19.C 20.A 21.D 22.B 23.B 24.B 25.C 26.D 27.C 28.B 29.C 30.A 31.A 32.D 33.C 34.C 35.B 36.B 37.B 38.C 39.A 40.D 41.C 42.D 43.A 44.B 45.D 46.B 47.D 48.C 49.B 50.A