Bài tập Tiếng Anh 10 – Unit 10
OBJECTIVE PRACTICE TEST OF UNIT 10
Choose the word that has the underlined
part pronounced differently from that of the others.
- A. probably B.valuable C. bomb D. baby
- A. campfire B. part C. animal D. natural
- A. species B. destruction C. constant D. sickness
Choose the word that has the main stress placed differently from the others.
- A. endanger B. disappear C.prohibit D. destruction
- A. industrial B. environment C.agriculture D.responsible
- A. introduce B. peacefully C.consequence D. influence
Choose A,B,C,or D that best completes each unfinished sentence or substitutes the underlined part :
- Many organizations have been set up and funds have been raised.
- established B. collapsed C. delayed D.decreased
- Laws have been introduced to prohibit the killing of endangered animals.
A.advised B. decreased C.ban D. encouraged
- The……..is the air, water land in or on which people animals and plants live.
A . consequence B. environment C.planet D. resource
- Many national parks have been established……………endangered animals.
A.to save B. to kill C. to protect D.to ban
- Many rare…….. of animals are in danger of extinction.
- species B. classes C.being D. pairs
- People are destroying the air by adding…….to it
- polluted B.pollutions C. polluters D. pollutants
13.Rain forest are places…… people harvest wood, delicious fruits, and powerful medicine.
A.in which B. in that C. in where D. which
- The heavy rain has caused ……….. in many parts of the country.
- crops B. floods C.water D.soil
15.The authority gathered those villagers………….they explained the importance of forests .
- who B. whom C. to whom D. to that
- He …….. the details of his uncle’s will.
- was given B.gave C. gives D. being given
- For a long time, the earth ………. to be flat.
A.had believed B. had been believing C. was believed D. was been believed
- 6. Sperm whale populations are at risk due to hunting.
- in extinction B. in danger C. on the decrease D.in fewness
- They advised that part-time workers should ………….
- be employing B. have been employ
- employ D. be employed
- He expected us ……….. him a job.
A.offering B. to offer C.offer D. to be offered
- More and more rare animals
are………………danger of extinction.
- for B. on C. at D. in
- Deforestation is destroying large areas of tropical rain forest.
- changing B. raising C. becoming D. damaging
- Do you know exactly………………..number of Siberian tigers in China?
- a B. an C .the D. no article needed
- Linda: Excuse me. Where’s the post office?
- It’s over there. B. I’m afraid not. C. Don’t worry. D. Yes, I think so.
- Peter: How often do you go to school?
- I go there early. B. Every day except Sunday.
- I don’t think so. D. I go there by bus.
- A: “ Would you like to go to the movies tonight ?”
– B: “…………………..”
A.No I don’t like B. Yes I’dlike C. Of course D. I’d love to
- Human beings are changing the environment …………. all respects.
- at B. for C. in D. upon
28.The sick man ……………… to the hospital.
- took B. has taken C. being taken D. was taken
- A: Why do you ask me about the party ?
B: I ……………. to it.
A.was not invited B. didn’t invite C. not invited D. was not been inviting
- The people in our village are leading a …………..life.
- peace B. peaceful C. peacefully D. peacefulness
Choose the correct sentences which has the same meaning as the given one
- help/ saving / recycling / mainly / by / energy / the environment /.
- The environment helps saving energy mainly by recycling.
- Energy helps recycling mainly by the environment saving.
- Recycling helps the environment mainly by saving energy.
- Saving energy helps mainly by recycling the environment.
32.The park/one/ America’s greatest/ wildness areas
- It is that thepark one of America’s greatest wildness areas
- The park which is one of America’s greatest wildness areas
- It is the park one of America’s greatest wildness areas
- The park is one of America’s greatest wildness areas
- at least 600,000 visitors/ come/ visit/ the park/ every year
- There are at least 600,000 visitors come to visit the Park every year
- At least 600,000 visitors who come to visit the Park every year
- At least 600,000 visitors come to visit the Park every year
- There were at least 600,000 visitors come to visit the Park every year
- 34. The prices of the services/ reasonable/ every pockets
- The prices of the services which are reasonable for every pockets
- As the prices of the services are reasonable for every pockets
- The prices of the services are reasonable for every pockets
- The prices of the services that are reasonable for every pockets
- 35. The Royal National Park/ New South Wales, Australia
- The Royal National Park it is in New South Wales, Australia
- The Royal National Park, which is in New South Wales, Australia
- The Royal National Park is in that New South Wales, Australia
- The Royal National Park is in New South Wales, Australia
Choose the underlined part A, B, C, or D that needs correcting.
- It’s difficult for me decide whether I should accept the job or not .
A B C D
37.” How many rice doyou want ?” “ A kilo , please.”
A B C D
- In summer , Peter usually playsthe tennisevery day.
A B C D
- Peoplecanuse to music to express their emotions.
A B C D
- Musicplaysan importance part in our life.
A B C D
Choose the word among A, B, C, D that best fits the blank in the following passage:
Wild animals play an important part in the balance of nature, and (41) ….. us with many important products. Birds and other small animals help control (42) ……. Wild animals provide fur, food, and recreation. They (43) …… make our surrounding more interesting.
Uncontrolled hunting (44) …… destroyed much wildlife. People have also harmed animals by destroying their habitats. Many animals, such as the passenger pigeon, have disappeared completely. Others, including the whopping crane, the blue whale, and the American alligator, are in danger of dying (45) …….
- A- supply B-provide C- help D- give
- A- insects B-snakes C- butterflies D- worms
- A- too B-either C- as well D- even
- A- was B-had C-has D- have
- A- away B-off C- down D- out
Read the passage carefully, thenchoose the correct answers.
Wild animals (and wild plants) and the wild places where they live are seriously threatened almost everywhere. One species has become extinct in each year of this century. But many hundreds are now in danger. Lack of attention would lead to the rapid advance of the process of extinction.
Already many kinds of wild animals has been so reduced in number that their role in the ecosystem is forgotten. Animals like the great apes, the whales, seals etc. thought to be in danger of extinction.
But even more important, perhaps than individual kinds of animals and plants, whole habitats are in danger of vanishing: marshes are being drained, and the world forests, especially tropical forests are being cut down to satisfy man’s needs of timber and paper.
What would our world be like if all the wild animals and wild plants vanished? – Would our life still exist then?
- What would happen to the human beings if the wild life vanished?
- Many species would quickly become extinct.
B. Tropical forests would be cut down.
- The human life would be seriously threatened.
D. Species would go on dying out.
- What is more important than individual kinds of animals and plants?
- The vanishing of whole habitats. B. The extinction of many species.
- The rapid advance of the process of extinction. D. Man’s need of timber and paper
- What does the writer caution us against?
- cutting down the tropical forests. B. hunting wild animals.
- draining marshes. D. destroying our environment.
- What would happen if we cut down forests?
-.>Cutting down forests would cause ……………..
- the changes of temperature. B. the flood
- both A and B are correct. D. none are correct.
- “To threaten” in the passage means …………..
- to pollute C.to vanish B. to give D.to poison
Bài tập Tiếng Anh 10 – Unit 10
1 B 11 A 21 D 31 B 41 B 2 B 12 D 22 D 32 D 42 A 3 A 13 A 23 C 33 C 43 D 4 B 14 B 24 A 34 C 44 C 5 C 15 C 25 B 35 D 45 D 6 A 16 A 26 D 36 B 46 C 7 A 17 C 27 C 37 A 47 A 8 C 18 B 28 D 38 C 48 D 9 B 19 D 29 A 39 C 49 C 10 C 20 B 30 D 40 C 50 B