Bài tập Tiếng Anh 10 – Unit 4
OBJECTIVE PRACTICE TEST OF UNIT 4
Pick out the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others:
- A. talk B.warn C.shot D.short
- A. hot B.both C.cloth D.spot
- A. warm B.farther C.card D.star
- A. word B.shop C.modern D.doctor
- A. love B.come C.some D.jog
- A. homework B.opposite C. possible D. comic
- A. more B.score C.word D.store
- A. biology B.morning C.historical D.ecology
- A. show B.below C.stone D.important
- A. worry B.cottage C.love D.some
Choose the best answer among A, B, C, or D that best fits the blank or that best explains the underlined part in each sentence
- Our flight was delayed, —————— meant we had to wait for hours at the airport.
- that is B. this is C. which D. which is
- She taught in a school for the deaf and dump.
- people who are unable to see B.people who are mentally ill
- people who have a bad memory D.people who are unable to hear and speak
- The rich ——————— to help the poor.
- are expected B. is expected C. is expecting D. expects
- She was given an award for her services to —————–.
- disabled B. disable C. the disable D. the disabled
- —————— eat a lot of ice-cream when you were a child?
- Did you used to B. Were you used to C. Were you using to D. Did you use to
- I found it difficult at first, but now I —————- working on the computer.
- use to B. used to C. am use to D. am used to
- He can’t ——————— to her any more.
- talk B. tell C. say D. utter
- Most of the children come from large and poor families, which ——————– them from having proper schooling.
- makes B. prevents C. leads D. gets
- Our teacher is very proud —————– her work.
- in B. at C. of D. with
- Jane ————–for the telephone company, but now she has a job at the post office.
- works B. used to work C. having worked D. working
- Without the Braille Alphabet, it would be very difficult for ————————-.
- the disabled B. the deaf C. the mute D. the blind
- They gave a clear ——————– of their intentions.
A.demonstrate B. demonstrative C. demonstration D. demonstrating
- Her job is ——————— of mentally retarded children in the area.
- looking B. taking care C. taking notice D. watching
- Thuy’s class is different ——————-other classes because the children are disabled.
- on B. from C. in D. at
- John is always late for class, ———————–annoys the teacher.
- which B. this C. what D. that
Choose the underlined part among A, B, C, or D that needs correcting:
- Jane couldn’t come to my birthday party, this made mefeel sad.
A B C D
- Dennis used tosmokinga lot a year ago.
A B C D
- Check cards areusedfor replace money.
A B C D
- Ms Thuy doesn’t mindtaking care for disabled children.
A B C D
- It took him a long time to getused todrive on the left.
A B C D
Choose the correct sentence (A, B, C, or D) which has the same meaning as the given one:
- We are interested in American films.
- American films make us interested.
- We enjoy watching American films.
- We find it interesting to watch American films.
- All are correct
- I’m not used to getting up early on Sundays.
- I have to get up early on Sundays
- I don’t want to get up early on Sundays.
- I feel
strange to get up early on Sundays.
- I always
get up early on Sundays.
- We last went to the cinema 2 months ago.
haven’t gone to the cinema for 2 months.
didn’t go to the cinema for 2 months.
didn’t want to the cinema any more.
stopped going to the cinema.
- The house needs painting.
house hasn’t been painted for a long time.
painted the house.
- The house is going to be painted.
house needs to be painted.
- He used to visit Mary once a week.
enjoys visiting Mary every week. B. He
doesn’t now visit Mary once a week.
- He never
fails to visit Mary. D.
He would like to visit Mary every week.
- Jane finds it difficult to drive on the left.
- Jane is
not used to driving on the left. B.
Jane is not used to drive on the left.
difficult for Jane to drive on the left. D.
Both A & C are correct
- Mrs. Thuy enjoys teaching children.
Thuy chooses teaching because she loves children
Thuy loves teaching children.
is interesting for Mrs. Thuy.
interesting for Mrs. Thuy to teach children.
- Tom regrets selling his house.
regrets because he didn’t sell his house.
wants to sell his house.
- Tom sold
his house because he regrets.
- Tom sold
his house and now he feels sorry.
- I like to play tennis in the summer.
interested in playing tennis in the summer.
- I like
playing tennis in the summer very much.
tennis is my hobby.
tennis is what I like.
- We started to write to each other two years ago.
- We used
to write to each other for two years.
- We used
to write to each other in two years.
written to each other for two years.
written to each other since two years.
Read the text
below and choose the best option for each sentence:
Louis Braille was born in the nineteenth century. When
he was three years old, a tragic accident at his father’s workshop left him
blind permanently. As a young boy, Louis was hardworking and intelligent. His
teachers suggested that he should be enrolled in the National Institute for
Blind Youths. At that time, this was the only school for the blind in France.
At the Institute, Louis was eager to learn to read and
write. To his great disappointment, the few books he found at the institute used
raised letter. This method of reading was difficult for the blind, who had to
slowly feel each letter. By the time they reached the end a sentence, they had
forgotten what the beginning was about!
Louis wanted to develop an easier reading system for
the blind. His idea of such a system came from Charles Barbier, a French army
officer. Barbie had invented a system called “Night Writing”, which was made of
dots and dashes. Soldiers used this system to communicate with one another
during the night. Louis adapted this system for his own use, he got rid of the
dashes and produced a simple system based on dots. For example, “A” is
presented by a single dot, many student found this system much easier to use.
This came to be known as the “Braille” system. Today, millions of blind people
are able to read, thanks to the work of a dedicated, young blind man.
- Blindness did not prevent Louis from —————————-.
hard B. being creative C. helping people D. all of these
- The National Institute, where Louis took
education, provided the blind with ————-.
with raised letters B. only some books that cannot be read easily
- the new
books on some subjects D. no
books teaching the blind how to read.
- The old method of reading was not satisfactory
required much time and memory from the blind readers.
- it made
the blind read and understand each letter slowly.
- it used
only raised letters which many blind student could not understand.
- it did
not help the blind readers to understand the reading material.
- Louis invented the “Braille” system after ——————————–.
- being a soldier in the army B. making friends with Charles
- knowing Barbier’s “Night Writing” system D. getting rid of the dashes in Barbier’s
- In the “Braille” system, Louis used only dots so
reading and writing speed could be improved
- he could
open classes to teach the blind to use it easily
system could be assessable to other blind people
- he could
prove he was a really intelligent man.
Read the text below and choose the correct word or
phrase for each space by circling A, B, C, or D:
People speak body language by the (46)
——————- they sit, stand, look, and walk, (47) ———— saying a
Some body language is the (48) ————— all
over the world. All people smile when they’re happy and (49) ——————
their eyes wide when they are surprised. (50) ———————- body
language is different in different countries.
- A. way B.action C. mode D. style
- A. not B.without C. no D. but not
- A. similar B.familiar C. equal D. same
- A. widen B.broaden C. hold D. open
- A. Others B.Other C. Theother D. The others
- Đáp án:
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 C D A D D D A B C B 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 D C B B A B B D C D 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 D C A D B D B D A C 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 D A A C A A B D D B