Bài tập Tiếng Anh 10 – Unit 1
Pick out the words underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others.
- A. message B. begin C.repeat D. repair
- A.dinner B. drink C. child D. children
- A.ready B. meat C. defeat D. beat
- A.kitchen B. history C. time D. finish
- A.arrive B. fit C. fine D. drive
Pick out the words that have the stress different from that of the others.
- A. usually B.continue C. family D. buffalo
- A. tobacco B.breakfast C. children D. several
- A. biology B.alarm C. transplant D. sometimes
- A. airport B.passenger C. technology D. chemistry
- A. routine B. tobacco C. neighbor D.experience
Choose the best answer.
- I know ______ how she felt.
A.exact B. exactly C. exactness D. exacting
- I felt quite _______ with my day’s work.
- satisfy B.satisfactory C. satisfied D. satisfaction
- I was late for school this morning because my alarm did not ____.
- go away B.go up C. go on D. go off
- I have not met him since he ______ school.
- left B.was leaving C. had left D. has left
- My house isn’t very far _____ school, so I usually go to school _____ bike.
- from- on B. away – in C. of – by D. from – by
- _____ films should be made for school.
- Educational B.Educating C. Educated D. Education
- Mr. Lam goes to work on foot once a week.It means he ____ walks to work.
- never B.sometimes C. often D. usually
- When I was a child, I usually ______fishing with my brother.
- go B.went C. gone D. used to go
- We _____ dinner at home on Saturdays.
- haven’t had B.didn’t had C. doesn’t have D.don’t have
- _______ class allows students to acquire knowledge about living things.
- Geography B.Chemistry C. Biology D. History
- The contented smile on her face shows that she finally passed the exam.
- bored B. boring C. happy D. disappointed
- Now I don’t take the bus to school as I____.
- used to B.did C. took D. was
- It ___ me 15 minutes to get to school every morning.
- takes B.took C. spends D. spent
- – “_______do you often go to school?”
– “At 6.30 every morning.”
- How B.What time C. Who D. With whom
- He’s not really interested in ____ on the farm.
- to work B. being worked C.working D. worked
Choose the underlined part among A, B, C or D that needs correcting.
- Mr. Vy leaves the house at a quarter past five and arrive in the field at exactly 5.30.
A B C D
- We haven’t seen Jim since he has returnedthe countryside.
A B C D
- I spend20 minutesto read books every day.
A B C D
- I enjoy to talkwith my classmates about their future plans.
A B C D
- David immediatecomes home after finishing school.
A B C D
Choose the correct sentence among A, B, C or D which has the same meaning as the given one.
- The milk was too sour to drink.
- The milk was sour in order to drink. B. The milk was very sour to be drunk.
- The milk wasn’t fresh enough to drink. D. The milk wasn’t enough fresh to drink.
- We started to write to each other two years ago.
- We used to write to each other for two years.
- We used to write to each other since two years.
- We’ve written to each other for two years.
- We’ve written to each other since two years.
- He last had his eyes tested a year ago.
- He has not had his eyes tested for a year. B. He had not had his eyes tested for a year.
- He had not tested his eyes for a year. D. He did not have any tests on his eyes in a year
- Mary is contented with what she does.
- What she does doesn’t make her pleased.
- Mary is satisfied with what she does.
- Whatever Mary does, she makes nobody pleased.
- She feels happy when she does something.
- My brother always drives to work.
- My brother always goes to work on the car. B.My brother always gets to work by car.
- My brother always repairs cars at work. D. My brother’s driver is always off work.
Read the passage below and choose one correct answer for each question.
My name is Seumas McSporran and I am a very busy man. I am 60 years old and I have thirteen jobs. I am a postman, a politician, a fireman, a taxi driver, a school- bus driver, a boatman, an ambulance man, an accountant, a petrol attendant, and an undertaker. Also, I and my wife, Margaret, have a shop and a small hotel.
I live and work on the island of Gigha in the west of Scotland. Only 20 people live there but in summer, 150 tourists come by boat every day.
Every weekday I get up at 6:00 and make breakfast for the hotel guests. At 8.00 I drive the island’s children to school. At 9:00 I
collect the post from the boat and deliver it to all houses on the island. I also deliver beer to the island’s only pub. Then I help Margaret in the shop.
My wife likes being busy, too. We never have holidays and we don’t watch television. In the evenings Margaret makes supper and I do the accounts. At 10:00 we have a glass of wine and then we go to bed. Perhaps our life isn’t very exciting, but we like it.
- Mr. McSporron does all the following jobs EXCEPT ______
- a firefighter B. a driver C. a farmer D. a mailman
- Gigha is the name of _______.
- his wife B. his hotel
- the shop where they work D. the island where they live
- Tourists ________ to the island.
- sail B. fly C. swim D. drive
- The word “it” in paragraph 3 refers to the ______.
- beer B. post C. boat D. pub
- According to the passage which is TRUE about Seumas McSporran?
- He likes the job as a postman most. B. He and his wife go on holiday every year.
- He does the accounts in the evenings. D. He goes to bed very late.
Read the following passage and choose the best option for each blank.
The 29th of August in 2006 is a day I shall never forget. On that day, I stared ___41__ in the face. Our flight was ___42__ to leave at 10:30 a.m., and arrived at the airport with plenty of time to spare. We started boarding 10:00 a.m. Most of us were holiday makers and there ___43__ a lot of laughing and joking going on. It was raining slightly, but visibility was good and the plane ___44__
on time. The cabin staff were just beginning to bring round the duty- free goods when the plane began ___45__ . At first, we thought we had just hit bad weather. We were told to sit down and to fasten our seat belts. Then suddenly, the front of the plane seemed to ___46__ and we realized we were speeding towards the ground. People screamed in ___47__. Strangers joined hands and prayed. We thought we had only minutes to live.
Then, just when we had __48__ all hope, we felt the plane level out, and slowly we began to gain height. A few minutes later, the pilot announced that everything was now ___49__ control, and we all began to clap and cheer hysterically. Twenty minutes ___50__ we landed safely.
A. die B. dead C. death D. deaden
A. due B. thought C. plan D. bound
A. was B. had C. were D. has been
A. went off B. got on C.got in D. took off
A. to shake B. shaking C.shake D. for shaking
A. chop B. dip C. down D. reduce
A. danger B. risk C. afraid D. panic
A. given up B. given back C.brought up D. brought back
A. of B. with C. under D. below
A. after B. later C. behind D. then
1.A 11.B 21. C 31.C 41.C 2.C 12.C 22.A 32.C 42.A 3.A 13.D 23.A 33.A 43.A 4.C 14.A 24.B 34.B 44.D 5.B 15.D 25.C 35.B 45.A 6.B 16.A 26.C 36.C 46.B 7.A 17.B 27.C 37.D 47.D 8.D 18.B 28.C 38.A 48.A 9.C 19.D 29.A 39.B 49.C 10.C 20.C 30.A 40.C 50.B