Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh năm 2018 có đáp án – Số 9
Pick out the word whose primary stress is different from that of the others.
- A. tragedy B. tolerant C. productive D. socialize
- A. receive B. install C. persuade D. cover
- A. plumber B. border C. nuclear D. typhoon
Choose the best answer among A, B, C, or D that best completes each sentence.
- It’s a pity you didn’t go on a trip with us. We all wish you……with us.
A. go B. could go C. went D. had gone
- If I find your book, I you at once.
A. phoned B. will phone C. would phone D. to phone
- Wear a helmet when riding a motorbike. Helmets are used……our heads.
A. protect B. to protect C. protecting D. protected
- My teacher would rather I……the problem by myself.
A. solve B. solved C. solving D. to solve
- She doesn’t call me as often as she…….
A. was to B. get used to C. not used to D. used to
- … he moon has no water, its surface responds to the gravitational force of the earth.
A. Therefore B. Except C. However D. Although
- We first met each other……we were at university.
A. while B. for C. until D. since
- He would be happy to see you, …….he?
A. will B. would C. wouldn’t D. won’t
- They arc encouraged to participate……sporting activities.
A. at B. in C. with D. for
- Ann is very bad-tempered. How do you…..her?
A. put up with B. put with C. put up to D. putting up with
Choose the wont or phrase among A, B, C, or D that best fits each blank space in the following passage.
Electronic games usually consist of software sold in the form of discs and (14)……additional equipment to be played. Video and computer games are some popular electronic games. People play video games on hardware systems (15)……for game playing and usually use television sets as a viewing screen. People play computer games on a personal computer and v iew them on the computer’s monitor.
Internet games emerged with the popuiaritv of the Internet. By (16)…….online, a plaver can participate in (17)…….kinds of game activities. In one popular category, (18)…….as massively multiplaccr role-playing games, thousands of people can · take part in a game at one time. Each person (19)…….a different character in a detailed, imaginary’ world. The Internet also provides new ways to play board games, card games and electronic games. Many websites allow players (20)……partners and opponents and to compete in chess, bridge, and many other traditional games. (21)……video and computer games now include an option to play them online, making it possible to play against opponents who live in other parts of the world.
- A. requiring B. require C. requires D. required
- A. are designed B. designed C. designing D. to design
- A. have gone B. go C. going D. to go
- A. little B. many C. much D. few
- A. knowing B. called C. known D. calling
- A. to control B. control C. controls D. controlling
- A. to find B. find C. found D. finding
- A. Most the B. Most C. Almost D. Most of
Choose the underlined part among A, B, C, or D that needs correcting.
- I asked him whose car he borrowed the night before.
A. him B. whose C. borrowed D. the
- The next important question we have to decide is when do we have to finish our work.
A. important B. have to C. is D. do we have to
- Mrs. Brown, his children couldn’t swim, said that there should be more notices warning people.
A. his children B. swim C. there should be D. warning people
Use the correct form of the word given to complete each sentence.
- Vietnam declared its…………….on September 2nd, 1945. (depend)
- You should have given………….for your absence at the meeting. (explain)
- This machine is more……………than that one. (convenience)
- You can’t see him at 9 o’clock because he has a(n)………….. (appoint)
Read the following passage carefully, then write True (T) or False (F) for each statement.
How do television and other visual media affect the lives of individuals and families all over the world? The media can be very helpful to people who carefully choose the movies and shows that they watch. With high quality programs in various fields of study, such as science, medicine, history, arts and so on, television and video tapes increase the viewers’ knowledge, they can also improve thinking ability. Moreover, television benefits elderly people who cannot go out often, as well as patients in hospital. Additionally, it offers language learners the advantage of “real-life” audiovisual instruction and aural comprehension practice at any time of day and niaht. Television and video can also provide almost everyone with good entertainment – a pleasant way to relax and spend free time at home.
Nevertheless, there are several serious disadvantages to the visual media. First of all, some people watch the “tube” for more hours a day than they do anythine else. Instead of spending time taking care of their children, many parents use television as an “electronic baby-sitter”. As a result, television and video can easily replace family communication, physical activities and other interests. Secondly, those who, young and old, spend more time watching television than manual work can easily suffer from short-sightedness and obesity. The third negative feature of the media is the amount of violence and horror on the screen that has bad effects on children and teenagers. Finally, the most netiative effect of television and video might be addiction. People often feel a strange and powerful need to watch or play a video tape even when they do not enjoy it or have free time for entertainment.
- ……Television and video tapes increase the viewers’ knowledge because of high quality programs in various fields of study.
- …..Television and other visual media had bad effects on elderly people and patients in hospital.
- ……People have a trend of addicting to television.
- ……Television causes a large amount of violence in society.
Rewrite the following sentences without changing their meanings.
- It took us onlv ten minutes to finish the homework.
- I find it not interesting to do this work
–>I am fed……………………………………………
- It is ages since we last met him.
- In spite of working until midnight, I didn’t feel tired.
1. C 2. D 3. D 4. D 5. B 6. B 7. B 8. D 9. D 10. A 11. C 12. B
13. A 14. B 15. B 16. C 17. B 18. C 19. C 20. A 21. B
22. C (borrowed had borrowed)
23. D (do we have to we have to)
24. A (who children whose children)
2 5 .independence 26. e.xplanation 27. convenient 28. appointment
29. True 30. False 31. True 32. False
33. We spent only ten minutes finishing the homework.
34. I am fed up with doing this work.
35. We haven’t met him for ages / for a long time.
36. Although I had worked until midnight, I didn’t feel tired.