Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh năm 2018 có đáp án – Số 2
Pick out the word whose primary stress is different from that of the others.
- A. invite B. become C. repair D. practise
- A. conclusion B. difference C. opinion D. convenience
- A. example B. possible C. probable D. terrible
Choose the best answer among A, B, C, or D that best completes each sentence.
- I wish to congratulate you…..your success.
A. at B. in C. on D. about
- While driving to work. they ran out…..gas.
A.in B of C. off D. up
- Edward’s hobbies include jogging, swimming, and……mountains
A.to climb B. to climbing C. climbing D. climb
- It’s a good idea to……your neighbours.
A.get at with B. get on with C. get on D get up with
- All employees have to turn off the airconditioners……they leave the office
A.before B. after C. so D. because
- It was quite a serious illness, so she took a long time to…..it.
A.go over B. get over C. take over D. get through
- Forests give us fresh air and prevent us……
A.against flooded B. of being flooded
C.from being flooded D. in flooded
- The bus driver was so tired……on the same route that he asked for a transfer.
A.with driving B. driving C. of drwing D. to drive
- The weather turned out to be very good…….was more than we could expect.
A. what B. which C. that D. it
- Coal can……to produce electricity for humans.
A.use B. used C. be used D. have used
Choose the word or phrase among A, B, C, or D that best fits the blank space in the following passage.
The latest addiction to trap thousands of people is the Internet, which has been blamed for broken relationships, job losses, financial ruin and even one’s suicide psychologists now recognize Internet Addiction Syndrome (IAS) as a new illness that could (14)……serious problems and aim many lives. Special groups have been set up to (15)…..sufferers help and support.
IAS is similar to (16)…..problems like gambling, smoking and drinking: addicts have dreams about the Internet, they need to use it first thing in the morning to lie to their
parents about how much time they spend online; they (17)……they could cut down, but they are unable to do so. A recent study found that many users spend up to 40 hours a week on the Internet. (18)……they felt guilty, they became depressed if they were (19)……to stop using it.
Almost anyone can be at risk. Some of the addicts are teenagers who are already hooked on computer games and who (20)……it very difficult to resist the games on the Internet. Surprisingly, however, psychologists (21)……that most victims are middle-aged housewives who have never used a computer before.
- A. lead B. affect C. take D. cause
- A. offer B. suggest C. recommend D. advise
- A. other B another C. the other D. others
- A. want B. Avish C. rather D. prefer
- A. Although B. Despite C. Unless D. Without
- A. let B. allowed C. had D. made
- A. say B. feel C. find D. have
- A. promise B. tell C. say D. object
Choose the underlined part among A, B, C, or D that needs correcting.
- Some of the people were standing in the street watched the parade, while others were singing songs.
A.were standing B. watched C. while D. were singing
- She swimmed two hundred metres in the pool yesterday.
A. swimmed B. hundred C. in D. the pool
- I went shopping for buying some fruits this morning.
A. went shopping B. for buying C. some fruits D. this morning
Use the correct form of the word given to complete each sentence.
- You will need to be able to deal with both customers and……….. (supply)
- The world of computers is extremely………… (compete)
- The sky began to as the storm approached. (dark)
- The sudden………..of a security guard caused them to drop the money and run. (appear)
Read the following passage carefully, then write True (T) or False (F) for each statement.
There are two broad categories of newspapers: the popular and the quality. In order to decide whether a newspaper is a quality or a popular one, it is not even necessary to read it, since you can tell simply by the way it looks. Popular papers are generally smaller with fewer columns per page. They have bigger headlines and more photographs. There is a greater variety of typeface and printed symbols. The articles are shorter and there are fewer per page.
Such devices are not only used to make the paper more attractive but they may also influence what the reader reads. Large headlines, pictures and typeface on the page all serve to draw the reader’s attention to one article rather than another.
Since popular newspapers have a much larger readership than the more neutral quality newspapers, it may be fair to conclude that the average reader not only wants to be entertained by a newspaper but prefers his reading to be guided and opinion given to him.
- You have to read a newspaper to decide if it is a quality or popular one. ………
- Quality newspapers have more columns and articles per page than popular ones………
- There are fewer photographs in quality newspapers than in popular ones. ………
- The average reader reads a newspaper only to entertain. ………
Rewrite the following sentences without changing their meanings.
- “Let’s organize a sponsored cycling race.”
The children suggested………………………..
- He is extrcmely rich but very mean.
- You’d better not touch that switch.
- I’d rather you didn’t smoke here.
Would you mind………………………………….
“Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh năm 2018 có đáp án – Số 2”
1. D 2. B 3. A 4. C 5. B 6. C 7. B 8. A 9. B 10. C
11. C 12. B 13. C 14. D 15. A 16. A 17. B 19. D 20. C
22. B (watched -> watching)
23. A (swimmed -> swam)
24. B (for buying -> to buy
25. suppliers 26. competitive 27. darken 28. appearance
29. False 30. True 31. True 32. False
33. We will miss the train unless we leave now.
34. She drives faster and more carelessly than I do.
35. It’s such an expensive car that I can’t buy it.
36. How often do you have your car serviced (by the mechanics)?
(or) How often do you have the mechanics s
Tìm bài viết này:
- 1 a invite b become c repair