Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh năm 2018 có đáp án – Số 1
Pick out the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others.
- A. ladies B. lives C. shirts D. chairs
- A. unique B. until C. university D. uniform
- A. breath B. tooth C. bath D. clothes
Choose the best answer among A, B, C, or D that best completes each sentence.
- The director says he does not approve…..your plan.
A. of B. in C. upon D. on
- It has taken you a long time to get rid…..your flu.
A. out B. from C. of D. off
- I suggest that we……to Lan’s home village by bike
A. shall travel B. should travel C. will travel D. can travel
- Nancy can’t go with us …….she has to look after her little sister
A.so B. despite C. because D. as for
- I wish I…..enough money to buy a laptop.
A. have B. had C. have had D. shall havv
- Maryam and Lan……pen pals for over three years.
A. are B. were C. have been D. would have bee
- If we are in the orbit, we…..no weight.
A had B. will have C. would have D. would have had
- Family members live apart try to be together at Tet.
A. which B. they C. whom D. who
- It’s raining……… , Mr. Nam has to go to work
A. But B. So C. Therefore D. However
- If I…..rich, I…..around the world.
A. will be – travel B. am – will travel
C. were – would travel D. would be – traveled
Choose the word or phrase among A, B, C, or D that best fits each blank space in the following passage.
We are using up the world’s petroleum. We use it in our cars and to heat our building in winter. Farmers use petro-chemicals to (14)…..the soil rich. They use them to kill insects (15)……plants. These chemicals go (16)…..rivers and lakes and kill the fish there. Thousands of pollutants also go into the air and pollute it. Winds carry this (17)…..air to other countries and other continents.
Poor fanners use the same land over and (18)….. . The land needs a rest so it will be better next year. However, the farmers must have food this year. Poor people cut down forests (19)…..firewood. In some areas when the trees are gone, the land (20)…..desert. Poor people can’t save the environment for the future.
This is not a problem for one country or one area of the world. It is a problem for all humans. The people and the nations of the world must work together to (21)……the world’s resources.
- A. enrich B. change C. make D. let
- A. eat B. eaten C. eating D. ate
- A. to B. towards C. at D. into
- A. pollute B. polluting C. polluted D. pollution
- A. over B. again C. repeated D. repeating
- A. of B. for C. with D. at
- A. gets B. changes C. turn D. becomes
- A. recycle B. preserve C. keep D. use
Choose the underlined part among A, B, C, or D that needs correcting.
- The majority to the news is about violence and scandal
- The B. to the C. about D. violence
- That doctor is visited the patient since 5 p.m.
- That B. is C. the D. since
- When our vacation, we plan to spend three days scuba diving.
- When B. plan C. three days D. diving
Use the correct form of the word given to complete each sentence.
- Butter and cheese are made from milk. They are milk……….. (produce)
- If you put your aside, you will be able to speak in public. (shy)
- The scientists have been carrying out some……….plans this year. (agriculture)
- The boy tried to repair the clock, but he was………. (success)
Read the following passage carefully, then write True (T) or False (F) for each statement.
Would you like a robot in your house. It is now generally accepted that in the future, robots will take over many of our tasks, especially jobs of a repetitive nature. But it is doubtful if robots will ever be able to do any of the more creative types of work – or indeed if people would want them to do. In the home, robots would probably be used to do the cleaning, table-laying, scrubbing and washing up, but it is considered unlikely so far that they will be used to do the cooking – at least not in the near future. Robots in the home might not be creative enough to do the cooking, plan the meals, and so on. They would be used as slaves, freeing people to do more of the things they want.
- It is thought that robots will be able to do the same jobs every day. ………
- It is certain that robots will be able to help us with creative tasks. ………
- In the near filture, robots will be used to do such things as cooking. ………
- Robots will help us carry out some of the housework such as washing dishes. ………
Rewrite the fiollowing sentences without changing their meanings.
- “Let’s organize a sponsored cycling race.”
The children suggested………………………..
- He is extremely rich but very mean.
- You’d better not touch that switch
- I’d rather you didn’t smoke here.
Would you mind………………………………….
ĐÁP ÁN Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh năm 2018 có đáp án – Số 1
1. C 2. B 3. D 4. A 5. C 6. B
7. C 8. B 9. C 10. B 11. D 12. D
13. C 14. C 15. C 16. D 17. C
18. A 19. B 20. D 21. B
22. B (to the -> of the)
23. B (is -> has)
24. A (When -> During)
25. products 26. shyness 27. agricultural 28. unsuccessful
29. False 30. False 31. False 32. True
33. The children suggested organizing a sponsored cycling race.
34. In spite of his richness, he is extremely mean.
35. If I were you, I wouldn’t touch that switch.
36. Would you mind not smoking here?
Trên đây là đề thi và đáp án Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh năm 2018 có đáp án – Số 1. Chúc các em ôn thi tốt.