Bài tập trắc nghiệm về mệnh đề quan hệ
A. Choose the best answer among A, B, C or D to complete each sentence.
1. Genghis Khan, __________ name means “very mighty ruler”, was a Mongol emperor in the Middle Ages.
2. The children ___________ sang at the Mayor’s parade were from the local school.
3. Galileo, _________ published works proving that the Earth revolves around the Sun, continued his scientific experiments even when he went deaf and blind.
4. The school program __________ has been interrupted by revision tests, requires a regular course study.
5. Credit _________ is given in this semester requires approximately three hours of classroom work.
6. Tow courses ___________ have the same subjects are in different times.
7. You may enroll our course by e-mail __________ can be faster than other registration forms.
8. The girl ___________ dress you admire has been working for an expo company since she left school.
9. The young man _________ was released after the court was found innocent of all the charges against him.
10. Is that the same film ___________ we watched last year?
11. The girl __________ I borrowed the dictionary asked me to use it carefully.
12.The pupils _________ we took to the amusement park behaved themselves very well.
13. Bournemouth, ___________ we are going to visit next summer, is a real paradise for the retired.
14. Thatcher, _________ birthplace was above a shop in the small English town of Grantham, became Prime Minister of Britain four years after she had become the leader of the Conservative Party in 1975.
15. First jeans, __________ became fashionable for women after they saw them in Vogue magazine, were made by two Americans, Jacob Davis and Levi Strauss.
16. The first television picture ___________ John Logier Baird transmitted on 25, November, 1905 was a boy _________ worked in the office next to Baird’s workroom in London.
17. Felix Hoffman, a 29-year-old chemist ______________ worked for the German company Bayer, invented the drug Aspirin in April 1879.
18. Joyce Bows, ___________ was born and grew up in Portsmouth on the south coast of England, _________ she still lives, was 100 last year.
19.The big clock ___________ used to strike the hours day and night was damaged during the war and has been silent ever since.
20.The pollution ___________ they were talking is getting worse.
21.The engineer ___________ our company relies is on holiday.
22. The dam ____________ they plan to build will cover acres of forest.
23. He is a talented cricket player __________ abilities include fast bowling and powerful batting.
24. Eastern Rwanda is very different from the South-west, ____________ monkeys, birds and orchids thrive in the high altitude primary.
25. Wednesday is the day ______________ a tour guide leads a tour around the town’s historical places.
26. Robert Riva, an Italia ___________ used to play for Cremonese, now coaches Reigate under 11’s football team.
27. The town ___________ the folk festival is taking place is usually a quiet resort.
28. As a celebrity ___________ many children admire, it is important for her to act responsibly.
29. We always hold a family barbecue in our garden on Independence Day, ___________ was on a Tuesday this year.
30. When I was at school. There was a girl in my class _________ skin was so sensitive that she couldn’t expose her skin to the sun even with cream on.
31. We’ll row until the spot ___________ the river bends and then we’ll turn back.
32. On the days ___________ I feel I need to reflect on the past and plan my future, I sit by the river and watch the swans swim past.
33. My mother’s Elvis Presley tape, ____________ she listened to every day, has broken in the music centre.
34. Unfortunately, the friend with ___________ intended to go on holiday to Side is ill, so I’ll have to cancel my trip.
35. According to the research, the time at ___________ most road accidents happen is early evening.
36. The new stadium, ___________ will be completed next year, will seat 30,000 spectators.
37. Blenheim Palace, ___________ Churchill was born, is now open to the public.
38. Students ______________ register for courses do not have any problems.
39. August 23rd is the last date __________ you may transfer to another course.
40. Our course needs some requirements _____________ are listed here.
B. Choose one sentence that best rewrites the sentence given:
1. This man studies biology. What do you call him?
- A. What do you call a man who studies biology?
2. Hemingway developed a very concise writing style. His name is well-known throughout the world.
- A.Hemingway, his name is well-known throughout the world, developed a very concise writing style.
3. This is the battle field. The soldiers fought there.
- A. This is the battle field which the soldiers fought.
4. He was born in 1993. There was a severe drought that year.
- A. He was born in 1993 when there was a severe drought.
5. John Montagu was an English Earl. He invented the sandwich.
- A. John Montagu, whose invented the sandwich, was an English Earl.